The Story Cave
Helping business owners tell their stories so they can reach a wider audience for their work and ideas.
Develop relevant and engaging stories you can use anywhere.
Have a chat with me about
Business storytelling training
Advice on how to get your message across
Copywriting for websites, blogs and print media
Copyediting to help get your words out
Public speaking about using stories in business and brand storytelling.
Harness the power of storytelling for your business
When President Kennedy announced there would be a man on the moon by the end of the decade in 1961, it was impossible. NASA hadn’t any plans in place. JFK’s speech told a story about leadership, America’s place in the world, use of talent and resources. He created a new vision of the future. In 1969 Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin landed the Eagle on the moon.
A story put humans on the moon. Think what stories can do for your business.
What do you want to do?
My clients say
My popular guides to help you start telling business stories
Listen to Rachel Extance talking about business storytelling on the Marketing Development Podcast
Get a journalist's perspective
I bring a journalist’s perspective to your organisation. I listen to you, get to know your stories, and who you want to tell them to. Then I help you create stories your target audience will relate to.
People work with me to:
- Learn how to tell a good story so they can use them on their website, social media platforms, in articles and scripts.
- Use stories to educate people about their field of work and share their expertise.
- Free up their time. I can write to your brief and deadline. If you don’t want people to know I’ve written something for you, that’s no problem.
- Feel confident in their writing. Press publish knowing your content has been reviewed by a professional.
- Create great content to share with their audience.
- Have a sounding board. Someone to listen to their ideas and help them develop them for their audience.
- Get accountability. Do you find writing keeps slipping down your task list? I’ll ensure you are regularly creating material for your audience.
What are the benefits of storytelling in business?
Every business has stories to tell. Stories about who they are, why they are, what they do and the people they serve. Stories help people relate to your business, they create emotional connections and they help explain complex concepts in a way our brain finds very easy to understand.
Telling stories is a great way to make an impact and raise brand awareness. Think of your favourite advert and the story it tells you. How does it make you feel? Can you put yourself into the story? Great stories are persuasive, compelling and memorable.
Humans have been telling stories for thousands of years. From oral storytelling, through to rock art, and then the development of writing, our ancestors used stories to help explain the world around them. We still do this today. We tell our children fairy stories and folktales which inspire and delight them as well as teaching them about good and bad behaviour. As adults we continue to be gripped by compelling stories whether on the news, at the cinema, in books and on TV. As a business owner you can harness the power of storytelling to reach a wider audience for your work and ideas.
I help you to make business storytelling part of your marketing strategy. I work with you to tell your story and use it across all your communication channels from your social media bios to your digital content and traditional media. Get in touch with me today and start using stories to grow your business.