Tell stories that get you noticed
Use stories to raise your profile, attract your ideal customers, and convert them into fans.
Are you stuck for words? Do you want more people to understand what you do and why they need it? I help people tell stories so they can reach a wider audience for their work and attract their ideal clients.
Get in touch to get a journalist working on your business. I will help you identify what your stories are and the best way to tell them. I can help you create articles, edit your words so they appeal to your audience, and always have a story to tell whether it’s for your website, email marketing or to an investor.
What have stories got to do with business?
How did your start your business? Was there a problem that needed solving, or did you discover a new way of doing something? What put you on that path in the first place?
There is a story behind every business and the people who work in them. Telling these stories helps your potential customers understand who you are, what you do, and how you can help them.
Humans have been telling stories for thousands of years. They help us to learn and understand the world around us. We first told them around the fire. Then we started painting them on the walls of caves. Nowadays we tell them on different walls: social media, websites and paper. We still tell them to each other when we meet.
If you want to connect with people, you need to be telling stories.
“I have always struggled to find the right words to talk about my business and I’ve always felt like the copy on my website is a work in progress. I don’t feel like that now and that’s because Rachel finds the right words and the right voice for me.”
“When I needed proofreading services for a client project I went straight to Rachel. I knew her name from her Cambridge News days and as I expected she was professional, knowledgeable and reliable in her service. I wouldn’t hesitate to bring Rachel in on future projects.”
Get my free guide to stories you can tell in your business
Are you wondering what stories you can tell? Get some ideas here!
Get a journalist's perspective
I’ve worked on newspapers across the UK and use my news sense to develop your stories. I listen to you, get to know your business, and who your ideal customers are. Then I help you create stories your target audience will relate to.
People work with me to:
- Learn how to tell stories so they can use them on their website, social media platforms, in articles and scripts.
- Use stories to educate people about their field of work and share their expertise.
- Free up their time. I can write to your brief and deadline. If you don’t want people to know I’ve written something for you, that’s no problem.
- Feel confident in their writing. Press publish knowing your content has been reviewed by a professional.
- Create great content to share with their audience.
- Have a sounding board – someone to listen to their ideas and help develop them for their audience.
- Get accountability. Do you find writing keeps slipping down your task list? I’ll ensure you are regularly creating material for your business.